Prayers for a New Project

dumbells for fitness on wooden floor with empty space

When naptime was actually a scheduled part of my day, words abounded on my blog. Sleeping infants and toddlers tethered me to my dining room table where I propped my laptop and poured out my heart. Growing kids with growing lives tether me now to my minivan. And although I often have thoughts to share sitting at a stoplight or pulling through an intersection, the law has selfishly kept me from putting fingers to keys. How dare they. Siri and I aren’t on the best of terms so that’s out. Thus, blogical (near) silence.

Don’t get me wrong, this season has been sweet. There has been so much life and so much good (and bad and ugly) that I haven’t found the time to stop and savor and reflect “out loud.” So, much like muscles that struggle to find the strength they once had lifting a barbell overhead, my writing muscles are feeble and clumsy and in danger of crushing any desire to push through. This isn’t good when you’ve been tasked to write a book.

Yes, a whole, millionty-word book of thousands of pages (not literally but that’s what it feels like).

Will you pray for me? Pray with me?

Pray I find the words.

Pray I don’t shrink back from being honest, vulnerable.

Pray I push through even when I feel like I’ve hit a wall.

Pray, above all, He shines through and goes forth and fills all in all.

Thank you.

8 Responses to Prayers for a New Project

1. Kristi Ahrens June 19, 2014 at 9:19 am #

Yes! Praying for you that the words will flow! I can so relate! My blogging has been a desert experience for some time now for similar reasons, which is frustrating! My best thoughts always happen when I’m driving too:) Write on sister!!

2. Trillia June 19, 2014 at 9:29 am #

Praying for you, Lauren!

3. Caroline Tefft June 19, 2014 at 9:45 am #

I will be praying for you Lauren! Praying for a overflow of words 😉

4. Niki June 19, 2014 at 10:10 am #

I will pray with you Lauren. To be honest, I’ve written hundreds of blog posts, in my head. I don’t even have a blog and rarely even read them anymore! No time for that. It must have been the Lord’s prompting to click on yours.

5. sheraby June 19, 2014 at 12:09 pm #

Praying for you! Be encouraged.. Be refreshed.. Be inspired by the Shepherd of your soul!! He’ll lead you by still waters.. love from Philly.

6. Rachel (@rachelerin05) June 19, 2014 at 8:01 pm #

Praying right now!!

7. Noel Parina Randall June 19, 2014 at 9:20 pm #

Praying that you will write your words to The Lord and for The Lord (audience considered, of course), but not for audience approval. Seek first His Kingdom…

8. TLC June 19, 2014 at 10:59 pm #

I may just now be mentioning it, but know there were prayers for the Tuesday Wednesday Thursday hours… and there will still be prayers for all the days to come. May God give you unexpected periods of quiet overlapped with an abundance of inspiration. You speak of Him so well. I can’t wait to read it. 🙂

Site by Mere